I have spent the past year with 8 amazing women. Women that I would have never been connected with if it wasn’t for being part of a Mastermind program that was put together by Tonya Leigh. I now feel like I have 8 other sisters for life.
Investing in your self is something that you hear everyone say – but I want to tell you what it has done for me.
- Allowed me to take not one but two all-girl trips.
- Tasted and loved oysters.
- Sipped new wines.
- Tried foreign beers.
- Discovered I didn’t like crab cakes.
- Had my first tarot card reading.
- Laughed until I cried.
- Cried until I laughed.
- Discovered my self-worth.
- Modeled nude for a self-portrait painting.
- Realized how comfortable I am with me.
- Traveled several times alone. Something I deeply feared before.
- Took road trips by myself. Something I deeply feared as well.
- Spent 8 hours in a car laughing and chatting as we winded around some scary-ass mountain roads.
- Fell more in love.
- Had my first private chef experience. Realized I want that more.
None of these things would have occurred had I not invested in myself. Yes, it was for my business but I became a better woman as a result of it.
I hold my head higher.
I communicate what I want.
I hold my knife and fork like a lady.
When you invest money – it makes you push yourself more. You shouldn’t be spending money just to be doing so. No, I don’t believe in “You have to spend money to make money”. I DO believe investing in yourself to grow and achieve what you want. I don’t think it is a choice. It is a necessity if you want to grow as a person and as an entrepreneur.
Have you been complaining that you are unhappy where you are at? Or do you want to add new offerings but are stuck in where to even start?
In the past year, I set goals to:
- Speak at 1 event (I spoke at the Spark & Hustle Finale)
- Create a kick-ass program (The Geek Labs is totally kick-ass. And sold-out of seats on the advanced training.)
- Become clear on my message (Wait until you see my 2012)
- Create a consistent marketing plan (The Scoop, each week)
- Buy a Macbook Pro to add to my collection of Macs (Purchased in October)
- Bring on team members (I have three VA’s and two Interns)
- And many more…
I successfully achieved pretty much every goal.
Plus an unexpected bonus – I doubled my income. Not too bad for one year!
I accomplished more in one year than I had in five years of being in business.
Everybody can create what they want. It takes hard work but investing in yourself will help you achieve what you want.
Here are a few ways you can invest in yourself:
- Investing in a coach.
- Investing in a mentorship or mastermind program.
- Increase your skillset with a training program.
- Website cleanup or redesign.
- Hiring a photographer for updated headshots.
- Working with a wordsmith or copywriter to speak your message.
- Adding more room to your computer.
- Investing in wall calendars to plan your year out.
- Treating yourself to a massage, manicure or pedicure monthly.
- Upgrading software programs.
Make a list of what needs to change to get you to the next level. You can’t get there if you don’t know what needs to happen.
Leave your biggest goal below in the comments.
What is mine?
I want to host an in-person event in 2012!
I love the list of things to invest in yourself and being a geeky girly girl you know I love the pampering with montly mani-pedi 🙂
Thanks Pat!!! I love the mani/pani part too!! 🙂 And I am going to have to add getting my make-up done to that list!
this is awesome… so inspirational! you go girl!
Thanks so much Lisa!!! 🙂 It was a great year!! xoxo
Loved this article! So happy to hear about your amazing experiences!
My goal this coming year is to earn more to be able to support my family on my income. 🙂
Also, want to find my own mastermind group!
Thanks Jessica!! It is all possible, that is the most beautiful thing about being an entrepreneur! 🙂
Alicia….awesome share in this post! LOVE what you have done and what you are doing. Such an inspiration! I am so lucky our paths have crossed and look forward to 2012!
GIRL!!! I love this post!!
I’m so glad I got to be with you this year in our sacred group:) You are incredible and I’m so glad I’ve gotten to know you!!!
Big, mad love,
Great article Alicia
I agree with it all and this year plan to step things up a notch!
Last year I joined a Business Masters Club and invested in a week long Business Breakthrough program, which was a highlight of my year. from that came an accountability buddy, although we need to step up the relationship.
I love the idea of a mastermind group and it has been on the list – what advice can you offer in finding one or setting one up?
This year I plan to have more balance by being more organised and sticking to my plan.
My big goal to run my own training program, which I have already started marketing! I also will complete some study started late last year.