Keeping blog content new, intriguing, and thought provoking can be a lot of hard work. But what are you doing with your posts once you post them? Are you posting it, hoping / wishing / praying / pleading that someone will find it and read it?
Why not put it out there for people to find, read, and pass along instead of wishing. We all know the “Wish in one hand…” saying, right?
Here is what I recommend you (or your Virtual Assistant) should do once you have written the blog post.
- Post and share on your social networks
- Tweeting it, Facebooking it, sharing on LinkedIn, and sharing on anyother social networks that you think would be relevant to the blog posting.
- Make sure your blog is set up for social sharing capabilities so visitors can share your blog post once you send them to your website. If you are running a WordPress Blog, you can easily install plugins to equip your website and blog for social sharing abilities.
- Submit post to article directories (as long as your post is written more in article format)
- Belong to groups? Share with them.
- Include snippets of your post in your ezine
- Trackback to old posts in new posts
- Recycle & reuse – Recycle the post later by reposting it.
You work hard for your writing, you want to make sure you can get your post as much shine time as possible. Not to mention that most of these tasks will take your Virtual Assistant less time to handle than it did to write and proof your blog post.